- Buyer EQUI
- Brand Carrier
Product Integrated Controller
Integrated controller for rooftop units capable of stand-alone operation or integrated with Carrier’s or any Building Automation System using BACnet®, Modbus® or Lonworks® protocol.
The RTU Open controller continuously monitors and regulates constant volume rooftop operation with reliability and precision. This advanced controller features a sophisticated, factory-engineered control program that provides optimum performance and energy efficiency. It also features plug-and-play connectivity to the Carrier i-Vu Building Automation System.
For added flexibility, the RTU Open controller is capable of stand-alone operation, or, it can be integrated with any other Building Automation System utilizing the BACnet, Modbus®, LonWorks®, or N2 protocols.
- Integrated Carrier airside linkage algorithm for plug and-play integration with the Carrier VVT® System
- Fully plug-and-play with the Carrier i-Vu Building Automation System
- Supports demand limiting for maximum energy savings
- Compatible with i-Vu Tenant Billing for tracking tenants’ after-hours energy usage
- Performance and utilization runtime data stored locally on the controller for system
- Can be factory-installed on Carrier WeatherExpert®, WeatherMaster®, and WeatherMaker® packaged rooftop units
- Can be field-installed on constant volume rooftop units; wiring harnesses (sold separately), provide quick field installation
- Integrates easily into any BAS using BACnet, Modbus, LonWorks1, or N2 protocols
- On-board hardware clock, remote occupancy input, and support for Carrier communicating room sensors/thermistor sensors provide stand-alone operation
- Easy startup and configuration with i-Vu User Interfaces
- Controls up to 2 stages of DX cooling (3 stages for 48/50 LC WeatherExpert®) to maintain space temperature setpoint
- Controls up to 2 stages of gas heat or combination of mechanical and electric heat to maintain space temperature setpoint (controls up to 4 stages of heat in heat pump mode)
- Integrated economizer2 and power exhaust control provide optimized free cooling in combination with mechanical cooling
- 2 fan speed control options provide maximum energy savings and comfort
- Built-in advanced control routines for zone level humidity control or zone level demand control ventilation (ASHRAE 62)